Quality early care and education of young children is directly correlated to the knowledge and education of the teachers who work with them. Since 1974, the Community Training and Professional Development department (CTPD) has developed into the hub for quality professional development in our region. The CTPD hosts a diverse group of early care consultants and training specialists who serve as subject matter experts in the ECE field. Whether you are a director, owner, teacher, family day home provider, advocate, or parent – we have ECE resources designed just for you!
The CTPD program offers the following services:
- ECE resources for the community: center-based and family-home teachers and directors/owners, early care educators and advocates, and parents.
- Interactive training, workshops and conferences on pertinent and trending ECE topics.
- Discounted rates to our regional ECE Conference, “Raising the Bar,” hosted annually, each Fall.
- Adult Literacy support efforts in partnership with Portsmouth Reads and the Portsmouth Public School system.
- Regional Monthly Provider Training Series.
- Consultation and Training services through our On-Site Training Solutions Program, providing a customizable training plan focused on special topics, needs assessment, technical assistance, mentoring, coaching, and more!
- NAEYC accreditation and CDA assistance.
- Access to “The Link”, a monthly newsletter with pertinent ECE resources, news and updates.
- Financial assistance through the Emergency Child Care Voucher program.
- Membership to a local early childhood organization (CH-PPC).
- Access to the Eastern Region’s Infant-Toddler Specialist Network – a team of specialists who support educators working with young children (0-3) who are committed to improving quality care and programming through grant-funded resources, training and coaching.
Director of Community Training
& Professional Development