Tips for Parents: Physical Development
In school children will be writing their name, cutting shapes, painting masterpieces, riding tricycles, and bouncing balls. They need daily opportunities to use their large and small muscles.
At home you can provide opportunities for your child to:
- Play on outdoor equipment at the park
- Catch, throw, and bounce different sized balls
- Practice jumping rope
- Skip, hop, run, and gallop
- Ride tricycles and two-wheeled bicycles
- Pump on the swing
- Use crayons, markers, pencils, and pens
- Cut pictures from magazines
- Dress her/himself
- Brush his/her teeth
- Use a spoon and fork at mealtime
Need to take your child in for a physical? Now, you can download the form right here on Children's Harbor Website!
Click here to download the School Entrance Form.
If you have any questions, please contact your center director.
ENROLL your child
Children’s Harbor Chesapeake
2400 Strawberry Lane
Chesapeake VA 23324-3113
Children’s Harbor Ghent
1900 Llewellyn Avenue
Norfolk VA 23517-2233
Children’s Harbor Olde Towne
620 London Street
Portsmouth VA 23704-2402
Children’s Harbor Suffolk
1020 Champions Way
Suffolk VA 23435-3728